Wednesday, May 31, 2006

super tuesday

Hey everybody I had the most awesome day yesterday. I went to Choose Life like always but this time I had a divine appointment. I saw my first client and then I came out to chart and pick up the next client. We were so busy, we had 3 people waiting and 3 counselors working. The next girl was 71/2 months pregnant and just barely 17 and had told the receptionist she just needed someone to talk to. I thought great, so I called her back and she was so pretty but so scared. She was holding her lease agreement in her hand and she said she just needed someone to pay her rent and utilities because her boyfriend had left her. She had no car, no money, no phone and no family or friends to help her. I went and got my manager and she suggested a Teen Home for Unwed Mothers, but K. (as I'll call her) didn't want to.

She seemed so lost and scared so I took her into someone's office and called The Rock. They said I could bring her down and let her fill out an application but that it would probably be tomorrow before anyone could see her. So we went and they saw her right away and gave her a check for her rent (made out to the landlord) they also gave me a check to Wal-Mart and I took her there to buy some minutes for her cell phone. I took her back to her apartment and she wanted to show me around. It was so tiny and in West Hsv. which isn't so great. It had 2 BRs and the room for the baby only had a blanket over the window and lots of rubbermaid storage boxes full of baby clothes that she bought when she was working. She had to quit because of medical reasons, she had already had 2 miscarriages.

I prayed with her before I left and we exchanged numbers and I told her she could call us for anything. I was so happy coming home, I had gotten to see first hand the Church be what Jesus had intended. I gave her a tour of the place before we left, lots of people were coming in and out as we were waiting in the reception area and they were all cuttin' up and huggin' and she said it reminded her of summer camp. The lady who took care of her financil needs also invited her to come to a "recovery" group for woment in crisis that meets on Sun. mornings and they told her they would come and pick her up. The lady told me "she needs a mom and these ladies will definately take care of her".

I haven't been able to get her off my mind just this morning I was telling Mike we should throw her a baby shower, because she looked in the nursery at church and saw all the swings and stuff and said she was worried she wouldn't have those things for her baby. I was wrecked, driving home, I thought, I'm driving my car, to my house, where my husband is there taking care of my babies, and I thought how I always had my nursery ready by the time I was 5 months pregnant. How blessed we all are. I thought of Amanda and how happy she is to have Jack and how blessed she is to be surrrounded by people who love them and take care of them. Not everyone has that, but those who do, can help those who don't. This is true religion, to help the orphan, the widow and the fatherless. Thank you Jesus you are so good! I'm so glad you made that appointment for me yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home