Saturday, June 24, 2006

update on "k", tough love?

I need yall's advice, i don't know if you read "super tuesday" when i was all exited about getting to see my church help the young pregnant girl I met at choose life with her rent and stuff. Well, since then she's called me for help with the dr. which my friend, and the receptionist at choose life, helped her with along with a little extra. I took her where she needed to go and was glad she contacted me and I was able to see she was doing alright.
My dilemma is that the other day she asked to see me and she wanted to know if the church would pay her rent again, so I took her there and their policy is to only pay a person's rent once every 6mo., understandable, but they gave her some #s to call of other places that could help, they also offered to place her in "operation restoration" (a hotel they restored for Katrina refugees) but she doesn't want to lose her apartment and she's worried about her stuff. This frustrates me but I understand, she's already dilated to 1 and having contractions, and she's so young and says she doesn't have anybody but then she says she's gonna go live with her aunt in a month, so i don't understand why she doesn't go now or why the aunt doesn't help. It's beginning to sound bizarre, like she's not telling me everything. I feel like hey she chose life, she told me how she almost had an abortion, she was at the clinic with the money and when the nurse asked her to come back she changed her mind. My concern is for her child, whom she's gonna name Nevaeh, because it is heaven spelled backwards. I feel like giving up. The lady at The Rock invited her to come to a Recovery Group but she refuses, I've offered to bring her to church with me but she doesn't want to. I know if she would seek God all of her needs would be met. She said she didn't know what He was trying to teach her and I said it's just a matter of a series of bad choices and the more good choices you make the more good will happen. I really hate when people try to blame God and they treat him like some cosmic santa clause (gimme gimme gimme, cause my name's jimmy). They don't realize that the only reason the church can pay their rent is because of the tithes and offerings that are brought in by all of the members, yet coming to church to praise God is too much trouble, but coming to get rent money ain't. I've bout decided to give her an ultimatum, and that is I'll help you only if you come to church. What do ya'll think? I'm supposed to go get her mon. morning but my job called and said they have work for me now, so i'm actually gonna have to tell her i have to work instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home