Saturday, March 25, 2006

World Wind March!

Wow! I can't believe it's already Saturday, Mike took his first vacation in 3 years! yay! We celebrated the anniversary of the Studio last Friday night, March 10th, with a surprise party, It was great! This past Sunday was our last at our church, people cried but they also prayed for us and said they understood but would miss us, we were so relieved to be done. That was the beginning of our vacation, ahhh!. Monday, Mike had to go to church to get his gear, and I made the mistake of visiting my mom, who for the last time judged me criticized me and upset me to the point I drove home crying, again!! That night after all the stress I asked Tom and Janet to babysit, so me and mike could get a much needed break, we went bowling, and had a ball (hehe)! I definately looking forward to Tues. morning, that's my morning to go to Choose Life to counsel, I ended up crying and being counseled by a fellow counselor myself, but it just made me realize how awesome it ist to be a part of a ministry who's heart it is to help women, even the ones who are suppose to be helping the others. Mike unfortunately had to work that night, because there weren't 5 Tuesdays in march, bummer! The next day was Wed. and we had hoped to get to see Steph (my oldest daughter) who lives with her dad now. She and her friend reluctantly came with us to McDonald's, and I realized after talking (which was mostly me talking) to her that she just doesn't really care about seeing us, so I decided to just let her be. Don't get me wrong it wasn't easy. It's an odd dilemma to be in a position in my life when I have a baby and a teen, at one point at McDonald's when I was trying to talk to Steph, I started crying, she didn't do anything, unless you count tearing up the paper on the tray with her fork, and all of a sudden little Michael just comes and gets in my lap, and I just kept kissing him on the head, it was like he knew, boys are so sweet!. So we took her home, yeah that's her home now, I've just got to learn to deal. All this happened and it was just Wed. morning! Lord, help me!! After that we all went to Sci-Quest and I was definately inspired to enjoy the little ones before they grow up! When I got home something snapped and I called my mom and told her I was done trying to have a relationship with her, I know it sounds bad but believe me it's good, can you say "toxic relationship?" I imagined myself to be like a hot air balloon, tethered to the ground, and this week I've been cutting all the ties that bind me. Thursday was a turn around, we went hiking on Green Mountain, Mike and I had watched a show about the Privileged Planet the night before and I was amazed more than ever by the beauty of nature, it makes all your problems seem so small and insignifigant. That night we basically recovered. Friday morning Mike took the girls bowling and even Grandpa came and bowled with them! Me and Michael went to the mall and got cool stuff to play with at the dollar tree! When we got home the girls went on bug hunts with their new bug houses and then we painted their birdhouses. Then Mike got to take Abby to her show choir class! It's so nice when daddy doesn't have to teach! This morning we went to Grandpa's to fix up the boat, she's looking mighty fine I might add, and she runs!! and the trailer has lights , all we need now are some seats. Tom and Mike are gonna take it for a test run Mon., buckets may be the temp. seating (you might be a redneck if...) and then this afternoon we went to our friend's housewarming, it was great, we saw alot of our old friends. Tomorrow, is Sunday and for the first time in a long time we don't have to go to church!! emphasis on have to! yay!! but we are still gonna do our on little worship service at home, Abby said, " is daddy gonna read to us from the Bible and sing songs with us?, sounds like heaven to me, and this ends the coldest, craziest, spring break ever!! and Monday I will begin a break from my break!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home