Thursday, July 13, 2006

Fireworks, Stephanie and my mom

July 2, 2006 , I call my sister to see if she'll go to church with me, because Mike was staying home with Michael (he had a fever). Mike was going to work on her car that day and we had planned on having her meet a friend of ours (Kyle). She said she couldn't go because her daughter and her husband were up from Georgia and they were all going to Honeycomb (a campground off the Tenn. River, where my mom has a permanent campsite, and where every 4th of July we have a lil' family reunion). She asked if I wanted to come, big gulp, confused pause, then I asked her "you mean with mom?" she said that mom had been asking her to ask me to come. So after talking to Mike I told her we would. I saw Kyle at church and begged him to come with us to be my buffer, I knew he'd play with the kids too!
So at church this guy is talking about relationships where people have hurt you and I start crying. Then he prayed over all of us, so then I was ready to go and do what I knew God wanted me to do. As soon as we got to the campsite I went to my mom, hugged her and told her I loved her. I layed low until it was time for fireworks, then I saw Stephanie's dad. They were camping there too! So Mike and I walked up there, I was so nervous, but I just kept hearing, when you've done all to stand, stand therefore, so I just kept standing there. Then I followed her and her cousins down to the beach to watch the fireworks, I was so uncomfortable, but determined to see her. I asked if she'd like to see the girls and she said yes, she took off ahead of me and as soon as she saw Ariel she scooped her up and hugged her then all the girls were like, Stephanie!! She sat there on the beach with us all night, it was awesome. Then God spoke to me and I remember it clear as day, I looked up to the sky as a giant white sparkly firework went off and he said, "Breakthrough", I was like phew! because I thought I was gonna have a breakdown if I didn't get a breakthrough soon.
Stephanie held Michael for a while then when it was time to go she carried Ariel up to the van. I hugged her, told her I loved her and was glad I got to see her, then she said she was getting my packages ( I have already started sending her lil' packages for her birthday, she'll be 16, Aug. 1) I was glad and told her I had another one ready for her at the house. Then I had to be courageous once again, I went back to the campsite and hugged my mom again and told her "thanks for inviting us we had a good time".
God Glory for His Awesomness! He makes all things new!!

picturemania: Thank you Tom and Janet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home